Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Raise Your Hand if You are a Loser


FYI, my hand is raised. There are many different ways to be a loser, you can have no friends and stay home every single night of your life, you can play dungeons and dragons, you can wear heeleys and be over the age of 9 (j/k, or am I), you can be unfunny, you can not like to drink, or you can be like me and be a 24 year old workaholohic. This is nothing new I have been a workaholohic since basically forever, and I'm ready for a change. I wouldn't mind being a workaholohic if I had this really cool really amazing job that I loved going to every single day, or if i was doing something that actually made a difference a real difference, but I don't have either one of those. Don't get me wrong my job can be really cool, two weeks ago I did 300 person cocktail reception and dinner at the Statue of Liberty, last October I did a Gala with the First Lady in NYC, last week I was on a call with the Secretary of the Department of the Interior; but overall I don't find satisfaction in my job. Perhaps it is because I have been here for 7 years, and I am only 24 and naturally ready for a change. Honestly I get bored with dating someone after 3 months and I have been with the same company for 7 years.


So the question now is "what am i going to do to fix this situation?", and honestly I don't know. I am moving to NYC which is huge, because I have lived in Chucktizzle my whole life so that is a start, but the next logical answer to my problem is finding a new job and that is so scary. I know, I know I'm a loser. Most people that are 24 aren't this attached to their jobs, most 24 year olds can pack up and leave at the drop of a hat, are travelling the country side, are actually living their lives, but not me, because I am a 24 year old workaholohic and have a weird attachment to my job.


Ok this is what we are going to do people, I want each one of you to find me a job; something fun, something fab, something challenging, something that allows me to feel like I'm actually doing something good for mankind, and hopefully one of the thousands of offers I will get will hopefully help me turn my frown upside down and be happy with what I am doing. Please and thank you.

No comments: