Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things I Am Working On

So I decided around the first of the year that there are some personality traits I should work on, because despite what many people may think I would like to be as likable as possible. So here is a list of things I am working on.

1. Not being impatient. Over the years I have turned into a crotchety young woman and that is probably not the most desirable trait I could possess. I mean at 25 if I'm already this impatient I image it will only get worse and worse to the point of being completely out of control. Don't get me wrong my impatience has served me well to a degree. For example my impatience has probably saved me $10's of $20's of dollars over the years because I don't like waiting in line. On the other hand I get very angry when I have to wait because I hate waiting and that is just annoying. This brings me to my next item.

2. Not being so angry. I mean really what do I have to be angry about? I just get frustrated and get angry very easily. It's all because I am so high strung. I mean seriously if I keep this up I'm going to have a heart attack at 26. For example I was having a really bad day yesterday so I went to Costco to get a cup of their $1.39 frozen yogurt. I walked through the store ate a shrimp scampi sample and made my way to the food counter. There was some weird old guy getting about a million cups of frozen yogurt to go so by the time I got mine the machine was all hot so the yogurt came out soupy. I was very disappointed with this but I took my yogurt. When I got to my car I realized I was extremely disappointed with this and very angry because nothing was going my way so I threw my yogurt out of the car window. I'm telling you I am very worried about this anger thing. Suggestions are welcome.

And that's it. I have nothing else on my list. I think these are two very large items to work on so my personal and professional opinion is that it is best to limit the amount of change I inflict upon myself at one time.

No comments: