Friday, March 23, 2007

Being in Public

We all go out in public every day of our lives, but for some reason I seem to have an issue with going out in public and forgetting that I am indeed in public, and other people have eyes and ears and they can see me and hear me. It's especially bad when I'm alone. Let me paint you a picture of me shopping alone:

Walk, walk, walk enter oh I don't know Urban Outfitters, and I'm walking around looking at things maybe pickup a skirt and a top, and then uh oh, oh no what is that that I've just touched, its something horrible looking. So instead of simply putting it back down I feel the need to say out loud "Ew gross" make a face, look around, put the item back down, and then in a large sweeping motion whip my hands off because I've just touched the offensive object, and why did I do this whole display of disgust, because I have simply forgotten that I am alone and in public. So basically I talk to myself in public. Yes, that's what I do, and its not just when I'm shopping.

I find myself discussing with myself what I want to drink at the gas station or what I want to eat at the grocery store, and its not just talking to myself I like to dance in public as well.

Take the other day when I was at Publix ALONE getting a wrap I was waiting for the women to finish and I just started dancing around. It wasn't over the top booty dancing or anything but I was visible dancing to the music in my head like a crazy person. HELLO, Sarah what is wrong with you? Am I the only person that does this?

2 comments:

Tanya said...

No, you're not alone.

but I'm sure you do provide entertainment for all those around you.

Regina Filangi said...

I find myself discussing with myself.
austin powers?