Monday, March 19, 2007

My first blog

Ok, this is my first blog and I'm not gonna lie to you I'm a little nervous. This is like making a first impression or my blog coming out party (yes, I'm southern thank you). So I thought long and I thought hard about what my first blog should be about, and I've decided to pull a Seinfeld and make it about nothing. This is going to be a blog about nothing. Just my random thoughts on things. Sort of a get to know me entry if you will.

First thing is first why I decided to go with a blog vs. a live journal?

I was all set and ready and one click away from doing a live journal when I was reliving a conversation I had with my bff/hlp/lovey Ashley about her friend, Intern Josh, and how he made fun of her for having a live journal (no offense to anyone with a live journal, our good friend Jayson has a live journal, pete wentz has a live journal(i just made that up, but whatever)). Anyway so I didn't want this guy that I don't know, but will know soon because we are all going to be friends when Ashley and I move to NYC to think I was uncool, because I'm not so I went with the blog. Despite the fact that I know nothing about what I'm doing and this is apparently much more confusing than a live journal. But I'm taking a chance I'm living on the edge. So we shall see how this goes.

I can relate 99.9% of everything in life to either Seinfeld, Friends, or Sex & The City. I think Seinfeld is probably the most genius show to ever be put on the air. It's a show about nothing that's really about everything. I love good tv. I'm currently obsessed with The Black Donnelley's on NBC, if you havent watched it you must, Mondays at 10pm.

I dont like spelling it's not my thing. So please dont correct me on my spelling mistakes no one at this party likes a smarty so keep it to yourself. I dont want to be mean and I welcome your comments, I just dont need a lesson on spelling (Ashley are you reading this?). I've been to school I'm done with that. Besides I'm a very busy person that doesnt have time for silly things like spelling.

I tend to ramble on and on and on about nothing rapidly jumping from one conversational item to another and then coming back to something we talked about 15 minutes ago. It's called ADHD, I'm going to try and keep that to a minimum, but please forgive me if I a. go of an a wild tangent about who knows what or b. completely change the subject mid story because something i just wrote reminded me of something else.

My writing is a mirror image of how I speak and act so I apologize to anyone that doesnt know me I realize I may seem a bit weird, hard to follow, and crazy. Dont worry it's not you it's me.

I would also like to offer a blanket apology to anyone that reads this I do not mean to offend anyone. I have a lot of opinions some of which many people wont agree with and I just want to offer the apology for offending anyone. I also tend to drop the f bomb a lot again im going to try and curtail that for these purposes, but it happens, and last but not least I project there being a lot of blogs that surround drunken debauchery . . . never mind scratch that apology anyone that has an ish with drunken debauchery shouldnt be reading my blog.

Likes and Dislikes

Likes (in no particular order):
Pink
Carolina Gamecocks
Beer
Pictures that I actually look good in
Food
Money
Sports
Turkey Legs
A Winning Bracket
Traveling
Not Working
Sleeping
Celeb gossip
Myself
Laughing
Family
Friends
Lunchmeat (thats my cat)
Summer
Beach
Boys
Shoes
Shopping
Living in a Fantasy Worlds
Creating new and exciting Fantasy Worlds for myself to live in
Bourbon
Lazy weekends
New things (kisses, clothes, cars, etc)
Being Southern
Being Opinionated
Asparagus
Carbs
America

Dislikes (again in no particular order):
Not having any money
Working out
Working
Being tired
Chapped Lips
Stupid people
Hypocrites
Waiting in line
Waiting period
Clemson Tigers
Being Hungry
Winter
Unfunny people
Overly critical people
Liars
Pictures that i dont look good in
Okra
People wearing masks


I think that's pretty much everything. Look out Internet blogging world here I come.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Blogger is much better than Live Journal. You made a good choice. Besides don't you have to have a Live Journal account to read other people's live journals? Thats a good way to discourage others from reading. I know I have an account for Live Journal, but I can never remember my stupid login and password.

The Franchise said...

hahah I dont think your stupid for wanting a live journal. I'm excited that I am the reason you are here in this beatiful blogger community. Ashley corrects my spelling ALL THE TIME...I maybe the worlds worst speller, i hope the word speller is spelled wrong...oh poetic justice