Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What lunchtime means to me

To me lunchtime is more than just about eating. Its about those rare 10-45minutes through out my busy day where I can just sit back and do what I want, despite the fact I'm still in my office. In my office we don't get a designated lunch break so I've designated one for myself. I check celeb gossip, I ready cnn.com or usatoday, I read a blog or two, maybe start a blog or two, I do a little shopping maybe pay some bills (not likely, but maybe). It all depends, but regardless of what I am doing the one thing I can tell you I am not doing is work. Yes, sometimes I don't get to take my self appointed lunch break because there is so much going on, but on those days that I do I take pride in everything from my lunch decision to my mindless wondering of the Internet.

In fact lunch to me is the most important meal of the day, it helps me break up my work day it gives me energy for the gym later on, it's what I live for.

I've decided to try the cereal diet for no other reason than the fact that I have to stop eating all this crap that I eat, and for about 2 minutes I thought about replacing lunch with a bowl of cereal, and that made me so sad. So instead today I went to Jason's Deli and got a big tasty salad at first I was rather disappointed, because I kind of wanted the turkey sandwich, but I pushed through and now I am almost done with my salad and damn it was good.

I'll let you know how the cereal diet goes. I'm projecting it to go rather poorly since my will power when it comes to food is about a -85 on scale of 1-10.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

A cereal diet is so very sad. Veggies are low calorie and fruits are too.

Sometimes I eat my cereal dry out of a baggie. if i eat only two Cheerios at a time while I'm working sometimes breakfast takes like 45 minutes. Makes me feel like I ate a lot more than I did.

Unknown said...

At first I thought you were talking about your cat, but then i remembered that your cat is lunchmeat, DUH!

You know who else loves lunchtime? Robert Randolph. That's the nickname he gave me when we hung out and all night he was calling me lunchtime. He said he was calling me that b/c it was his favorite time of the day b/c it is so relaxing. and I remind him of lunchtime (weird I know). But my point is, that you and RR would really get along....both are weird and both like lunchtime.

I am so bored in class, can you tell? Thanks for helping to pass the time.