Monday, July 2, 2007

Dear Starbucks

I recently went to Starbucks to enjoy what I had hoped would be a wonderful cup of flavored coffee, but much to my dismay turned out to be an iced cup of crap in turn please find my below letter to Starbucks expressing my deep disappointment.

Dear Starbucks,
It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter, but I would be remiss if I did not address the disappointment that you have brought me. For many years now I have been a loyal patron of yours, I never stray or faultier in my affection for your liquid delight. When you increase your prices I agree to pay them as I am always satisfied despite the fact that I have to empty my savings account to purchase a Venti Iced NF Vanilla Latte or a Lite Caramel Frap or a Venti Black Tea Lemonade Sweetened. I do it because you have never let me down, that is until yesterday. I was traveling back from a long journey to Bonneau, SC for a family gathering when my road companion and I got an over whelming urge for your sweet coffee goodness. We diverted from our original path of travel to a local Barnes & Noble that so wonderfully serves your multitude of beverages.

My traveling companion, Michael decided to play it safe with a Grande Peppermint Mocha or Christmas in a cup as I so affectionately like to call it, and I made the fatal mistake of diverting from my usual 4 choices to a new selection that was so gloriously posted all along the B & N Starbucks Cafe. I my friend, went with a Grande NF Iced Raspberry Mocha. I must confess I was swayed by the shiny posters and the colorful pictures of the whip cream topped Raspberry disaster. I waited with anticipation as the Barista made my new found drink and took the first sip with a smile on my face, a smile that quickly faded. I was devastated by what was in my hand, and hurt by your evil trick.

Starbucks, why would you do this to me? Why would you lead me down such an evil and nasty path. I was forced to throw away the horrible decision that I had made as I could no longer look at the evidence of your betrayal. This NF Iced Raspberry Mocha tasted more like a raspberry chocolate covered butt hole than a cup of coffee. It was quite frankly one of the worst things I have ever consumed.

It will take me a long time to ever trust you again Starbucks, from now on I will know that your suggested drinks are nothing more then evil tricks, and I will NOT be taking them

Sincerely,
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok..so my name is Sarah..and I am bored seeing as how its 2 am and I can't sleep..and I just googled my name along with starbucks (because I work there) and came across your blog. So first of all..I just want to let you know that the Barnes and Noble starbucks cafe's aren't acutally real starbucks, they just bought the right to sell starbucks coffee...so their stuff should be a bit different. They make up random drinks too. And also, raspberry anything is yuck in my opinion..and people insist on getting it in random drinks like a chai latte..gross. Anyway...your blog was absolutely hillarious and made my night. You should definitly send that letter to starbucks..they should get rid of the gross raspberry syrup..I don't care who likes raspberry it smells bad and its gross. But definitly go back to a real starbucks for your usual drinks!