Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Justin Timberlake + drinking = puking in the car

I recently went to NYC to see Justin Timberlake at Madison Square Garden with my friend/coworker, Jackie and Charles the intern. Jackie and I started the trip out by staying at The Hotel on Rivington, a hotel that appeared to be in the ghetto. Not having a clue as to where I was even though I go to NYC quit a bit the graphite and what I could only assume where gang members hanging around lead me to ask at least three different people if I was going to get shot because I wore the wrong color. We quickly realized we were not in the ghetto we were on the Eastside, my favorite side, so my spirits were some what raised despite the fact that the room was extremely sparse and not at all the luxurious accommodations Jackie and I are use to (we travel in style bitches). Jackie and I decided to dine in style before the big JT concert so we went to Pastis, perhaps you have heard of it. Before our entrees had arrived Jackie had already had at least a bottle of wine and I was busy drinking as many Brooklyn Brown Ale's as I could pour down my throat. Before leaving we had to finish the dinner off with a champagne toast and a cheers to the good times.

We made our way to MSG just in time to order a few beers and hear the very end of Good Charlotte. I could personally care less about Good Charlotte hence my nonstop yelling for Nicole Richie to come out while they finished. JT got ready we drank more beers, JT got a little more ready we drank a few more beers. By the time he came out I was less than sober, some may even have called me drunk by they were just jealous of the awesome time we were having. So I'm there rocking out, Jackie, Charles the intern and I are living life and loving it taking pictures singing songs dancing dances and drinking beers when all of a sudden this bitch behind me asks me if I can sit. I turn around and she repeats the question.

Bitch: Can you sit down?
Me: Um, no we are at a concert you should stand up
Bitch: There are sits for a reason
Me: What part of concert dont you get? You stand at concerts
Bitch: Why don't you go have another drink
Me: Maybe I will

I'm sorry #1 you are at a freaking concert stop being 85 years old with a walking and stand up or go home #2 was telling me to have another drink supposed to have been an insult? Bitch please.

Not wanting to disappoint the woman behind me I had another beer or two. The three of us (me, Jackie, and Charles the intern) hung out for a few more songs before deciding that JT wasn't all that exciting. In hindsight I see that leaving half way through may have been a regrettable decision, but whateves I didn't pay for the tickets. So we leave and we go to some bar I don't know the name of it, but it was fun at least I think it was fun. The highlight of my night after the JT concert was profusely apologizing to Charles because I spilt/dumped beer on him. To be honest I thought he was going to do it too and it was really only a little bit of beer.

The next morning Jackie and I sleep until they basically threw us out of the hotel. We get our shit together and walk across the street to this fab little Italian restaurant where we indulge in these wonderful squishy white bread sandwiches and panini sandwiches. Now had I known what was going to happen an hour later I would have not eaten the sandwiches, but I didn't know.

Jackie and I are in our car going to the airport when I start to feel very very very sick, I'm having cold sweats and doing some serious deep breathing, it's taking all I have to convince myself I can wait till I get to the airport, and all of a sudden it hits me like a ton of bricks I'm going to puke. I look around the driver doesn't know what to do we are on the damn bridge he cant pull over his back windows don't go down all of the way and right when I couldn't wait any longer Jackie pulls out a damn Tupperware container. Thank you Jackie thank you Jackie is all I can say and think. Needless to say we rode the rest of the way with the windows down. Why she had a Tupperware container in her bag I don't, and to be honest I really don't care. I made it to the airport threw up three more times and ended up having to stay the night in NYC because of weather.

No comments: