Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

As many of you know I have been planning for some time now to move to NYC, well my friends those plans have fallen through. I wont get into why, not here not now, I want to instead focus on my new direction in life and that is school. As many of you also know I have been less than satisfied with my current career and have been desperately looking to change the path of misery that I am currently on.

I have decided that I no longer wish to be a member of the rat race of the corporate world, I no longer wish to kiss the asses of the over indulged. I no longer wish to yes when all i want to say is NO. I don't care any more about the powerful people that I have meetings with, or the 1,000 person dinners in NYC or Washington, DC or where ever that I put on, or the trips that I get to take. None of it means anything if I'm truly unhappy, and folks I hate to say it but I am. Now not being one for bitching without doing something about I have decided to, drum roll please,




GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO BECOME A TEACHER!

It is very interesting when I decided to move to New York every person I met was supportive and told me I would love it, I would do great, New York will by my lady, but now that I have decided to teach the support comes in waives. I hear a lot more you wont like its or you'll get boreds than anything else, and that always amazes me. How can anyone think teaching could ever be boring? I say to these people you are wrong you will see, and if you aren't wrong and I hate it I'm still young I'll just change careers again. I, however think that this is it for me. I have always found teaching appealing. It has nothing to do with having summers off, I could care less about having the summers off to be honest, I want to be a positive influence in someones life that may have no one. I want someone to one day look back and say "Ms. Pittman, she was my favorite teacher, she changed my life."

Obviously quitting my job, oh did I leave that part out? I'm quitting my job so I can go back to school full time, don't worry I wont need any of you to support me I plan on getting a bartending job at a very nice restaurant in Charleston (thanks JT). Anywho so I will need school supplies below is a list of things I will need. Seeing as I am starting school in January that will give all of you plenty of time to purchase at least one thing on my list.

Lisa Frank Trapper-Keeper
Mead 5-Star notebook
At-A-Glance Day Planner
Erasers
Bic Colored Pens
Bic Regular Pens
Highlighters
Laptop (I think I want an Apple because they look so snazzy, are they compatible with Microsoft Word?)
Color Printer (Do they even make b&w printers any more)
Dividers
College Rule Paper
Pencil case with the mushy top and the drawers that opened with the buttons
#2 Yellow Pencils
White Out
Scissors
School shoes
Starbucks Gift Card (Matt I realize you no longer work at Starbucks, but if you still have the hook-up hit a bitch up, you know wha I'm sayin)
Printer Paper
Stapler with staples
Folders
School Party Dress (I love a good party dress)
Ink for my new printer (ink type obviously dependent on the type of printer)
Pencil sharpener
Calculator (I don't plan on taking any math courses, but I like to be prepared)
Free money

Buy me one thing from my list hell buy the whole list or just tell me you are happy for me.

Look out College of Charleston Sarah is back.





FYI I posted this picture, because it was taken when we were in college, do you see the connection? Plus I think we look cute as all get out.


1 comment:

Regina Filangi said...

God I miss being young. That shit was 3 years ago. OH NO