Monday, April 16, 2007

I put the "itch" in what?

I am 23 years old and for someone that is 23 I’d like to think I know myself fairly well. I’m still changing quite a bit and I discover new things about myself everyday and am continuously trying to evolve into someone better, but despite all of this the one thing that has never changed and I don’t see changing is the fact that I’m a bitch. This is a label I wear proudly I don’t think of it as a bad thing I embrace it and love it. The only problem with being a bitch is that people tend to think that if you are a bitch you must be a horrible person, and that’s simply not true.

Yes, I have high expectations I have them for myself and I have them for others. When I order an appetizer I don’t expect it to come out with my entrée and when it does you can beat your last dollar I will ask for the entrée to be taken back and if need be remade. No, it’s not ok that I asked for a bed with NO feathers because Im allergic to them and I have now had to call house keeping three times to ask for foam pillows and this is not including the request that was made when I made my hotel reservation and the double checking that took place when I checked in to verify that I indeed was given foam pillows, because I’m sorry I’m not sorry I don’t like waking up in the middle of the night stuffy and having a hard time breathing, and I still have feather pillows, and it’s also not ok with me that I’ve just stood at the sandwich counter at Publix for 5 minutes while the guy tinkers with the chicken cooker and cant even be bothered to say to me “I/someone will be right with you”, because last I checked you were getting paid to work the deli counter at Publix and I’m pretty certain that making me a sandwich is part of working the deli counter at Publix

Now pay attention because here is where the difference between being a bitch and a good person and a bitch and not a good person comes in. Yes, I have high expectations and tend to not accept anything less, but at the same time I am honest I try not to lie, I don’t steal, I don’t cheat, I don’t litter, I don’t fight, I donate money when I have it to charity, I like to volunteer when I’m home, I’m dedicated, I’m a hard worker. I’m a good person, but I think that sometimes gets lost because I’m not exactly the laid back type. I’m not going to just sit there and look pretty, if I disagree with you you will know it, if you’ve pissed me off you will know it, if I got shitty service you will know it. When someone f’s up I’m learning to decipher between whether they did it because they simply don’t care and/or are trying to piss me off or if they really do care and really didn’t mean to f up in which case I am trying to be more accepting. Why because I’m a good person.

Now a bitch that is a bitch and isn’t a good person obviously has a lot in common with me, but lacks the basic understanding that all people deserve to be treated with a minimal amount of respect for no other reason then they are human beings. The basic difference I think is the way not good people go about interacting with everyone else in the world. The basic I’m better than you the world owes me for gracing them with my presence approach to life. I cant stand that shit. Didn’t anyone teach you that you catch more flies with honey, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, dont be a raging bitch all the damn time. It’s really not that hard of a concept to master, and don’t be surprise when no one wants to be around you because you are a horrible person, but I digress.

The point of this blog is that you can be opinionated and you can have high standards and be successful without being unnecessarily mean to everyone that crosses your path or make everyone around you feel like the size of an ant and want to kill themselves. I do it everyday. At least I think I do.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I agree that there is nothing wrong with having high expectations. I just think we need a better name for it. Something more positive.

Jill said...

I already know you're cool just from reading your blog. Why? cause I'm a "bitch" too. personally I just think we are assertive and don't take shit, yet people are constantly surprised when I expect what I pay for/request/etc.I don't get it.

Regina Filangi said...

AMEN you know this is me too

Sarah said...

Oh Yeah I totally forgot to put "Ashley can I get an Amen" at the end of the blog thats so funny.

To Tanya's comment I welcome any suggestions for a new term something with a more postive feel

To Jill's comment thanks for calling me cool I like to think I'm cool, but it's always nice to have someone else refer to me as cool. You are def cool too.

MUCH LOVE LADIES